January 25, 2021

A/R: Fire Consumes 5 Bedroom Self-Contained House At Tikrom

Fire has destroyed a five-bedroom self contained house at Baworo in the Ejisu municipality of the Ashanti Region.

The fire, which started around 7:00 am yesterday, 21, 2020, destroyed property worth thousands of cedis while displacing its occupants.

It took the timely intervention of Baworo youth to quench the fire and prevent it from extending to other neighboring houses.

Reports indicate the Ejisu Ghana National Fire Service was on the scene to act in place of the Oforikrom Municipal Fire Service which vehicle had developed a fault about six months ago.

It took the youth and people living around several hours to douse the fire but could not savage personal belongings and household appliances in the building due to failure of the Ejisu fire tender.

An eyewitness giving his account said if the Ejisu fire tender had arrived on time, the fire would have been controlled and some properties might have been preserved.

However, the assembly member for the Tikrom-Baworo electoral area, Hon Stella Oduro Boateng Boakye, also commended the youth in the area for their timely intervention.

He, therefore, pleaded with the government to replace the faulty fire tender in Ejisu to prevent a re-occurrence of such a situation. The Ejisu municipal deputy NADMO director Mr Kwabena Nkrabea in an interview said, they will access the damages and find a way to help them.

Source: Nsemgh.com

77

A/R: Fire Consumes 5 Bedroom Self-Contained House At Tikrom

Fire has destroyed a five-bedroom self contained house at Baworo in the Ejisu municipality of the Ashanti Region.

The fire, which started around 7:00 am yesterday, 21, 2020, destroyed property worth thousands of cedis while displacing its occupants.

It took the timely intervention of Baworo youth to quench the fire and prevent it from extending to other neighboring houses.

Reports indicate the Ejisu Ghana National Fire Service was on the scene to act in place of the Oforikrom Municipal Fire Service which vehicle had developed a fault about six months ago.

It took the youth and people living around several hours to douse the fire but could not savage personal belongings and household appliances in the building due to failure of the Ejisu fire tender.

An eyewitness giving his account said if the Ejisu fire tender had arrived on time, the fire would have been controlled and some properties might have been preserved.

However, the assembly member for the Tikrom-Baworo electoral area, Hon Stella Oduro Boateng Boakye, also commended the youth in the area for their timely intervention.

He, therefore, pleaded with the government to replace the faulty fire tender in Ejisu to prevent a re-occurrence of such a situation. The Ejisu municipal deputy NADMO director Mr Kwabena Nkrabea in an interview said, they will access the damages and find a way to help them.

Source: Nsemgh.com

77

Trending Stories

%d bloggers like this: