May 7, 2021
Menu

Construction of the 7 Killer Esreso- Adagya Bridge to Begin this Week-Bosomtwe DCE Assures

Devasted Esreso Adagya bridge


The District Chief Executive of Bosomtwe in the Ashanti Region Lawyer Joseph Asumin has said government has approved the fund needed for construction of the deteriorating Esreso- Adagya bridge that has claimed 7 lives in recent years.

He said the project has been given to a road contractor, Kofi Job and he is expected to start work this week.

“We have awarded the devastated bridge to Kofi Job and work will commence on it by next week Monday. The bridge is under emergency so he will start as soon as possible”, the DCE told Joe Marfo of Newstimesgh.com in an exclusive interview.

The 7 Killer Bridge

The devastated bridge Esreso Adagya has killed 7 people within 2 years.

A Family of Six Drowned Last year

A family of 6 met their untimely death last year, Friday September 7 2018, after the saloon car in which they were travelling was swept away by the flooded Ankonim stream due to the deteriorating nature of the bridge at Esreso -Adagya.

Salon of the family of six

Deputy Ashanti Regional Minister Assurance in 2018

The deputy Ashanti Regional Minister, Madam Elizabeth Agyemang and some Kumasi city authorities including NADMO Director for Ashanti Region, Mr Kwabena Senkyire vsited the scene and it was revealed that bridge was weak and so needed to be fixed.


One Person Drowned 3 weeks ago

The devastated bridge remained the same since then. But just last 3 weeks, another person named Evans Owuraku Baah was swept away by the Ankonim stream at same place where the 6 people died.

Assembly member of the area and some eye witnesses revealed that the deceased jumped out of a passenger vehicle (trotro) which was stacked in the middle of the bridge in late hours of Friday evening, October 11, 2019, when the stream had flooded its banks. His body was retrieved the next day.

Concerns of Residents

However, some concerned Ghanaians and residents of the area who spoke to daily dispatch reporter Joe Marfo stated that, they will never believe the DCE’s assurance until the devastated bridge is fully fixed.
However, they will continue to mount pressure on authorities of the Ashanti region to fix the “7 killer Esreso Adagya Bridge” with immediate effect.

By: Joe Marfo

447

Construction of the 7 Killer Esreso- Adagya Bridge to Begin this Week-Bosomtwe DCE Assures

Devasted Esreso Adagya bridge


The District Chief Executive of Bosomtwe in the Ashanti Region Lawyer Joseph Asumin has said government has approved the fund needed for construction of the deteriorating Esreso- Adagya bridge that has claimed 7 lives in recent years.

He said the project has been given to a road contractor, Kofi Job and he is expected to start work this week.

“We have awarded the devastated bridge to Kofi Job and work will commence on it by next week Monday. The bridge is under emergency so he will start as soon as possible”, the DCE told Joe Marfo of Newstimesgh.com in an exclusive interview.

The 7 Killer Bridge

The devastated bridge Esreso Adagya has killed 7 people within 2 years.

A Family of Six Drowned Last year

A family of 6 met their untimely death last year, Friday September 7 2018, after the saloon car in which they were travelling was swept away by the flooded Ankonim stream due to the deteriorating nature of the bridge at Esreso -Adagya.

Salon of the family of six

Deputy Ashanti Regional Minister Assurance in 2018

The deputy Ashanti Regional Minister, Madam Elizabeth Agyemang and some Kumasi city authorities including NADMO Director for Ashanti Region, Mr Kwabena Senkyire vsited the scene and it was revealed that bridge was weak and so needed to be fixed.


One Person Drowned 3 weeks ago

The devastated bridge remained the same since then. But just last 3 weeks, another person named Evans Owuraku Baah was swept away by the Ankonim stream at same place where the 6 people died.

Assembly member of the area and some eye witnesses revealed that the deceased jumped out of a passenger vehicle (trotro) which was stacked in the middle of the bridge in late hours of Friday evening, October 11, 2019, when the stream had flooded its banks. His body was retrieved the next day.

Concerns of Residents

However, some concerned Ghanaians and residents of the area who spoke to daily dispatch reporter Joe Marfo stated that, they will never believe the DCE’s assurance until the devastated bridge is fully fixed.
However, they will continue to mount pressure on authorities of the Ashanti region to fix the “7 killer Esreso Adagya Bridge” with immediate effect.

By: Joe Marfo

447
People are reading