October 26, 2021
Menu

Fire Guts Kumasi Central Market, Traders Blame it On Power Overload

The French Line section of the market suffered the ordeal and report has revealed that almost sixty stores have been razed by the fire which begun at 3am on Sunday.

Burnt section of the Market

A victim of the Central Market fire outbreak, Seidu Zachari has said the disaster in the early hours of Sunday was as a result of Electrical Power overload.

According to Zachariah, a former owner of three shops gutted by fire, electricity from a nearby corn-grinding shop with faulty electrical outlets with old, outdated cables is the cause of the outbreak. He spoke that crises has been cautioning the owner through petty electrical fires due to the high power consummation in his shop.

He revealed that various warnings were also conveyed to the operator for the misuse of power yet he always upset them with insults for their complaints.

“Almost 20 people tap electricity from corn-mill shop which causes power weight. We have warned him severally, anytime the meter catches petty fire but he insults us. We are lucky the Police arrived with the fire service department to quench the fire else it would have been a different story more than what we are seeing,” he revealed

“I owe three shops in the market, one for myself, my wife and an employee. We sell cosmetics. I opened the third shop for my wife last week and it is now in ruins,” Zachari spoke.

The intervention of the Police and Fire Service prevented the fire from spreading collaborated by employees of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO).

The congested nature of the market prevented the firefighters from entering with their car on arrival. They had to control their water pumps from a nearby Mosque before dowsing the fire.

“It’s very unfortunate that this is happening. The fire fighters arrived early but finding an entrance to the place of the incident was the problem. They had to locate a safe place behind the mosque. They delay also resulted in the loss of additional properties,” another revealed.

0Shares

Fire Guts Kumasi Central Market, Traders Blame it On Power Overload

The French Line section of the market suffered the ordeal and report has revealed that almost sixty stores have been razed by the fire which begun at 3am on Sunday.

Burnt section of the Market

A victim of the Central Market fire outbreak, Seidu Zachari has said the disaster in the early hours of Sunday was as a result of Electrical Power overload.

According to Zachariah, a former owner of three shops gutted by fire, electricity from a nearby corn-grinding shop with faulty electrical outlets with old, outdated cables is the cause of the outbreak. He spoke that crises has been cautioning the owner through petty electrical fires due to the high power consummation in his shop.

He revealed that various warnings were also conveyed to the operator for the misuse of power yet he always upset them with insults for their complaints.

“Almost 20 people tap electricity from corn-mill shop which causes power weight. We have warned him severally, anytime the meter catches petty fire but he insults us. We are lucky the Police arrived with the fire service department to quench the fire else it would have been a different story more than what we are seeing,” he revealed

“I owe three shops in the market, one for myself, my wife and an employee. We sell cosmetics. I opened the third shop for my wife last week and it is now in ruins,” Zachari spoke.

The intervention of the Police and Fire Service prevented the fire from spreading collaborated by employees of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO).

The congested nature of the market prevented the firefighters from entering with their car on arrival. They had to control their water pumps from a nearby Mosque before dowsing the fire.

“It’s very unfortunate that this is happening. The fire fighters arrived early but finding an entrance to the place of the incident was the problem. They had to locate a safe place behind the mosque. They delay also resulted in the loss of additional properties,” another revealed.

0Shares

People are reading