National Democratic Congress (NDC) has impounded on minister of Roads and Highway, describes him as a blatant liar in relation to his statement that “no government has invested on road projects in the Greater Kumasi since 1981”.
According to the NDC Communications Director of the Ashanti Region, Abass Nurudeen, the Roads and Highway minister’s statement that no government has invested on road projects in the Greater Kumasi since 1981 lacks certainty and needs to be treated as garbage.
The Minister for Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako was on a two-day working tour of roads in the Ashanti Region on Monday, May 4, 2020 at a press at the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council (ARCC) said no government has invested and constructed roads more than the current NPP government.
But at a press conference by the NDC on Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at the party’s Regional Office in Kumasi, the communications Director, Abass Nurudeen debunked that “Mr Amoako Atta is a blatant liar, his claims are scandalous and outrageous”.
The communication officer said,
the minister peddled a perfidious lie that, apart from the construction of 100km- stretch of Kumasi Roads between (1984-1989), nothing has since been done on roads in the Greater Kumasi Metropolitan Area by succesive governments including NDC 1 and 2″.
However, 400 kilometers of roads were constructed under the leadership of former president, the late. Prof. Evans Atta Mills and John Dramani Mahama.
Additionally, the Ejisu Municipality as part of the 18 constituencies in the Greater Kumasi can boast of highways at the Jachie Junction, Tikrom which leads to Antoa, Ampabameng Junction, Onwe, Esienimpong, Kuntenase and others.
Nhyiaeso constituency was also mentioned with road infrastructures stretching through Ahodwo Clinic, TUC New Orleans, Star Junction, Andy Grace, Osei Nkwanta Bisa, Odeneho Kwadaso and many others achieving 12 a kilometer distance.
Manhyia North and South, Tafo, Asokore Mampong and a few others were touched on.
“It baffles as to why the minister did make such claims. We are not surprise due to the fact that deception has been a part of the Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo’s government right from the initiation,” Abass Nurudeen pointed out.
He further stated that Mr Amoako Atta’s statement on the NDC abandoning the Sofoline Interchange during the Mills era is also untrue.
According to him 10 percent of the Sofoline project had been completed when former president Mills took over as president from the NPP with no financial provision. The leadership of Mills and Mahama through their own means made sure that the project was 85 percent completed before Nana Akufo-Addo took over.
“We don’t understand where these claims are coming from. His words are lies and misleading,”, Abass Nurudeen pointed out.
He reteirated that NPP government’s plan of constructing four interchanges in the Ashanti Region is
hullabaloo, more or less like ‘building castles in the air.”
As a result “Residents in the Ashanti Region have learnt their lessons and will vote the NPP out based on their furiousworks.
He called on Ghanaians to vote for NDC in the impending 2020 December 7 general elections.
Check the list below:
LIST OF ROAD PROJECTS STARTED BY THE MILLS/MAHAMA ADMINISTRATION IN THE ASHANTI REGION
ASANTE AKYEM NORTH
1. Agogo via Ananekrom to Dome 62 km roads tarred, Sod cutting 2010 by then Vice President JM and commissioned in September 2012 by president JM
2. Amantena junction Road via Akutoase to Wuraponso 25 km tarred road Mills 2011 project
3. Agogo- Kumawu road 20 km tarred road
4. Agogo town roads Hospital junction to Gyidiem
ii.Asante Rural bank to Roman Catholic Church.:2011
5. 10 km cocoa roads in Agogo were at apex of completion graveling was done awaiting only tarring
6. Started JUANSA -DOMEABRA road 70% complete
7.Hwidiem bypassed 70 % complete.
1.Kumawu Nkwanta- Bonfobiri-Drobonso Town Roads-20KM
Sekyere Afram Plains
1.DROBONSO INNER TOWN ROADS….TARED.
3. DROBONSO-DAWIA ROAD, about 25KM. Feeder.
4. SENE ASOUGYA- ANYINOFI, about 20KM. Feeder.
1.Asiwa-Brofoyedu-kokoben-Yaapesaa-(abandoned by Nana addo)
3.Gyadam-Tebeso No 1 and No 2,Freso,Abasamso(Abandoned)
1.Bogyawe-Fomena-Asokwa junc-Edubiase-Assin Praso-Yamoransa Junc.
2.New Asanso Road,Roman School to kookyerekrom,Deeper life church road,Bekwai Zongo Road,Ahwenie junction to kasajan/victory int.school,Adankranja junc to Bekwaihene Residence.
3.Amoafo to Asiwa road
4.Anwiankwanta to Sarfokrom.
5.Ahwerewa-mmoseaso-Nsiena-Antoakrom-started under NDC.
THE NDC’s RECORD IN THE ROAD SECTOR IN OBUASI
(a) Under Prof. Mills, the first phase of the Abompe road was done with drainage through Horsey Park to Estate and finally.
(a) resealing of 2 km stretch of road from DVLA through Mensahkrom to Obuasi Sec. Tech.
(b) sealing of 1 km stretch of road at Koffikrom
(c) sealing of 2.2 km stretch of road at Gausu Extension
(d) sealing of 1.2 km stretch of ABUSCO Road at Akaporiso
(e) resealing of 0.6 km stretch of Confidence Road at Gausu Extension
(f) construction and upgrading of roads, phase 1 (4 km) at Artisan Site at New Baakoyeden
(g) construction and upgrading of Kwabenakwa-Mampamhwe Road with bridges, phase 1 (7 km)
(h) sealing of 1.3 km stretch of Kunka-Mile 9 Road towards the new DVLA Office at Kunka.
Roads in New Edubiase Constituency
1. Wuruyie Junction- Atwireboana – Kotwea Road.(completed)
2. New Edubiase – Tonkoase – Nsuta – Anomabo Road (PHASE 1) PHASE 2 still hanging
3. Ataase Nkwanta – Nkranfo Nkwanta – Subin Camp – Obunsu – Owusukron Road(completed)
4. New Edubiase Township Roads
1. Yavuro Junction – Odumase – Achiasewa – Kyiremebebi Off Road
2. Akuroso Junction – Birem Abui off road
3. Amenaso Junction – Suminam – Amenaso off road
4. Wuruyie – Aboabo No 3 – Kawotrihwe off road
5. Atwireboana – Edwenase off road.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION UNDER NDC IN THE EJURA/SEKYEDUMASE MUNICIPALITY FROM 2009-2016
1. EJURA TOWN ROADS – 15.5KM
2. SEKYEDUMASE TO ANYINASU – 6.5KM
3. ANYINASU TOWN ROADS – 3KM
4. EJURA TO BABASO – NOKWAREASA – SAMARI NKWANTA – 12KM, This project stalled after the government of Nana Addo took over in 2017.
1. RESHAPING &REHABILITATION OF DROMANKUMAH – KYENKYENKURA- MBANAA ROAD- 21KM
2. RESHAPING & REHABILITATION OF NKWANTA – TO NYINASE- KROPO- 8KM
3. RESHAPING & REHABILITATION OF SEKYEDUMASE TO NKRAMPO- DROBONG – 8KM
4. RESHAPING & REHABILITATION OF AFRAMSO – NKYENSIE ROAD – 8KM
5. RESHAPING & REHABILITATION OF DROMANKUMA TO FAKAWA ROAD- 3KM
Roads finished by Mills/Mahama (NDC) in the Afigya Sekyere east constituency (Agona).
1. Agona through Asaman to Effiduase road.good
2. Agona to Wiamoase road.
3. Agona to Abrakaso, Krakrom, Domeabra, Hiamankyene, Montonsua, Morso through to kyerekrom to Boaman roads.
4. Bipoa through Bedomase to Agona road.
5. Bipoa to Jamasi link.
6. Wiamoase to Bepoase road.
7. Wiamoase to Kokoteasua(KKT) road with electricity.
8. Wiamoase to Kofiase road.
9. Wiamoase to Amenase, Dome, Boanim roads.
10. Boanim to Dawu, Tabre to link main road at Jamasi.
11. Boanim through Mprim to link Mampong main road.
NOTE: The contractor is, Nana Nkansah – Boadu( Nzemahene).
Again, all roads in this area were constructed by NDC: from Rawlings to Mahama.
Completed Road Network Project at Mampong Ashanti under Mills/Mahama administration
Mampong Township Roads
Afigya Kwabre North
The abandoned projects at Effiduase Asokore const.(1)Senchi to Nkwankwanua cocoa road.
(3)Kumawu Woraso to Asokore cocoa road(Woraso to Ahensan completed by JM)
ASOKORE MAMPONG MUNICIPALITY
1.Asphaltic overlay on Aboabo No 1 and 2,Sawaba,Sepe,Asebi,Bourbai,Adukrom,Mampong Township,Parkoso area roads- 30KM
2.Asphaltic overlay of KNUST Campus Roads- 20KM
3.Asphaltic overlay of Susuanso- Bomso-Ahensan estates-High school junction- 2.5KM
4.Construction of Ayeduase-Kotei-Deduako-Gyenyase Road- 6.5KM
5.Dualization of Anloga Junction to Asokwa Interchange- 1.5km
6.Boadi Junction-Emena Road- 2KM
7.Tafo-Ahenbronum,Tafo-Adompom-Atimatim,Sepe-Dote Main Road,Tafo-Pankrono-ASH FM Road,Tafo,Pankrono-Adabraka Zongo Areas- 18KM
8.Breman/OKESS Sch Road and links,Abawa Ruth and Links,Anomagye Roads,Breman Fie(Palace Road),Breman UGC Road and Links,Anomagye-Mpatasie- 16KM
9.Alabar Area Roads,Krofrom Area Roads,Otec FM Road,Manhyia Poly Clinic Road,Oslo Ventures Road,Buabasa Road,K.Aduna Road,ASH Town Area Roads,Dichemso Area Roads,Buokrom Area Roads,Moshie Zongo Area Roads- 34KM
10.Northern Command-Barekese Link,Adoato Nurses Quarters-Barekese Road,Act 2000 Road(South Suntreso)- 8KM
11.Ahodwo Clinic Road,TUC New Orleans,Star Junction Road,Andy Grace Roads,Osei Nkwantabisa Road,Odeneho Kwadaso Road,Mrs.Anane Avenue,- 11KM
12.Ampabame Junc-Onwe-essienimpong-Kwaso-Piase-Kuntenase- 18KM
13.Jackie junc-Tikrom-Antoa- 6KM
14.Ejiso Town Roads,Jarchie Junc to Baworo Road,Ejisu to Domeabra Road,Fumesua to Kyerekrom Road,Asotwebomfa to Bonwire,Kwamo town Roads,Fumesua Town Roads,Krapa Town Roads- 32KM
Atwima Nwabiagya Dist
15.Toase Town Roads,Toase to Gyamkobaa – 8KM
17.Adankwame-Sawua-Nkontomire Feeder Road – 15KM
Atwima Kwanwoma Dist
18.Brofoyedu-Bebu-Afrancho-Foase – 15KM
Kwabre East Munipality
19.Asenemaso Nkwanta-Adanwomase- 8KM
Afigya Kwabre South
4.Abuabugya-Adwumakaase-kesse-Faade started by NDC
(1)Sawuah junction to Aboaso
2)Nyameani to Beposo
3)kokofu to Oyoko
Started but Incomplete road projects by the NDC in bosomtwe
1)Beposo to Ankaase
2)Oyoko to Aputuogya
Source: Newstimesgh.com/Joe Marfo